Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Guest Poster: Bri (Summer Breeze)

I don't know what she is gonna write. I take no responsibility for the contents of this post if they are at all rambling or pointless.
Hello fellow bloggers it is Ghost Writer, a.k.a. Urania, a.k.a. Summer Breeze, I know you are all interested in what I have to say. Well, for one I don't care too much for Tai, I mean seriously what kind of name is Tai anyways? Secondly, I don't care too much for what Tai drinks, or how much, I feel AA should be recommended. And thirdly I just have to say there is a fine line between sarcasm and insult. I'm not going to refer to anything directly, I just wanted to put that out there. Now for something relivant. Earlier this year we were talking about flyting, or the act of fighting with someone in good manners. Flyting can only be done between two friends because otherwise it will be taken offensively (take my word for it, I tried flyting with a certain someone the other day and then he kicked me out of his house...alittle dramatic if I say so myself). Anywho, flyting started in the oral culture. I would like to think it started between two men from two neighboring tribes who were simply talking amongs themselves about life. This is how the conversation went (I'm almost positive).
Tribe man 1: Your wife looks like she has been eating too much Mammoth. Haha.
Tribe man 2: Unlike your wife she pregnant. Your wife ate all the dinasours.
(flyting is so much fun)
Tribe man 1: OH, good one Tribe Man 2, but seriously your wife is gaining weight and she's not pregnant because we all know that you prefer men.

And that last comment by Tribe Man 1 took it too far. That was an example of bad flyting.

Either way, the act of flyting, or sarcasm, or whatever it's called in any other country is the same in every culture. Silly fighting has been around before the print culture was able to (what's the word) print it.

No comments:

Post a Comment